The Standards of Conduct Committee has published their interim report on lobbying in Wales. The report lists five recommendations and we’re pleased to say that recommendations two to five are from PAC’s verbal and written representations to the committee.
We are hoping to hold an event on the report with the Chair of the Committee in the near future and will send out details as soon as this is confirmed.
It is widely recognised in the report, and by stakeholders, that the Wales Act 2017 and Brexit will increase the powers of the Assembly and that there needs to be greater transparency between elected representatives and the public affairs sector.
As PAC members we will all be required to sign up to the refreshed Code of Conduct as our memberships renew, and as a committee we will be working to deliver on our commitment to the committee to regularly publish a voluntary register of lobbyists in Wales, ensuring greater transparency.
We have welcomed today’s report, and the following quote has been shared with media outlets: “Today’s report recognises the vital role played by lobbying in the democratic process, and our members will welcome the committee’s recommendations which will improve the transparency and accountability of the Assembly in regards of engaging with lobbying professionals.
“Public Affairs Cymru will continue to work with our members to ensure our code of conduct maintains high standards of professional behaviour in lobbying in Wales, and we will deliver on our commitment to the committee to regularly publish a voluntary register of lobbyists later this year to assist in increasing transparency and openness.”
The PAC Executive would like to thank the previous Exec, led by Nesta Lloyd-Jones, and the code of conduct working group, led by Daran Hill, for their work on the inquiry on record.
If you have any questions about the report or comments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lobbying report Jan 2018 ENG
Adroddiad - Lobio CYM
Information from the British Council
Future Leaders Connect is a new global network for emerging policy leaders. We aim to connect exceptional young people (aged 18-35) from around the world.
Two people from Wales will be chosen to join Future Leaders Connect and applications for the scheme are open now.
The best six applicants will go on to a heat at the Senedd on 15 June, where they will have the chance to pitch their ideas to an audience of political leaders and policy experts. The two winners of the heat will join Future Leaders Connect, which offers:
- Nine day residential programme in Cambridge and London, with interactive workshops that will enhance existing leadership and communication skills, and share policy making best practice.
- The chance to meet UK Parliamentarians, visit leading UK institutions and attend private meetings with leaders and policy makers from around the world.
- A one day conference in the Houses of Parliament themed Fast Forward: Preparing for the World Ahead of Us. The conference will be an interactive day of discussions and debates with UK Parliamentarians addressing some of the world’s most urgent issues.
Further information can be found here:
Applications close on Sunday 14th May 2017.
Rhwydwaith byd-eang newydd ar gyfer arweinwyr polisi yw Future Leaders Connect, i bobl ifanc sydd am ddatblygu’u hawydd i arwain a dod yn rhan o’r genhedlaeth nesaf o arweinwyr polisi. Ein nod yw cysylltu pobl ifanc eithriadol (rhwng 18-35 oed) o bob cwr o’r byd.
Bydd dau berson o Gymru yn cael eu dewis i ymuno â Future Leaders Connect ac mae ceisiadau ar gyfer y cynllun ar agor nawr.
Bydd y chwe ymgeisydd gorau yn mynd ymlaen i ragbrawf yn y Senedd ar 15 Mehefin, ac yn cael y cyfle i gyflwyno eu syniadau i gynulleidfa o arweinwyr gwleidyddol ac arbenigwyr polisi. Bydd y ddau enillydd yn ymuno â Future Leaders Connect, sydd yn cynnig:
- Rhaglen breswyl naw diwrnod yng Nghaergrawnt a Llundain, gyda gweithdai rhyngweithiol a fydd yn gwella sgiliau arweinyddiaeth a chyfathrebu, a rhannu arferion gorau o ran llunio polisïau.
- Cyfle i gwrdd â Seneddwyr y Deyrnas Unedig, ymweld â rhai o sefydliadau mwyaf blaenllaw gwledydd Prydain a mynd i gyfarfodydd preifat gydag arweinwyr a llunwyr polisi o bob cwr o’r byd.
- Cynhadledd undydd yn San Steffan ar y thema Fast Forward: Preparing for the World Ahead of Us. Bydd y gynhadledd yn ddiwrnod rhyngweithiol o drafodaethau a dadleuon wrth i Seneddwyr y Deyrnas Unedig drafod rhai o broblemau mwyaf argyfyngus y byd.
Am ragor o wybodaeth, ewch i:
Ceisiadau’n cau ar ddydd Sul 14 Mai, 2017.